Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And the nerves are kicking in...

I had one of those oh shit moments after my final 4 mile run today before the big race...seriously running 13.1 miles on Saturday. Back in August 3 colleagues of mine convinced me that I should sign up for my first half marathon and I excitedly registered for the Disney race, which is this Saturday.  I didn't actually think that 1) time would fly by so quickly and 2) I would enjoy this sport so much.  Just as I am for any race, my nerves have been kicking in as I anticipate what I am hoping is the beginning of my half marathon (and potentially full) races. Goals for this race are:

1. Get through the race! Just finishing this race will help me with my nerves for the next race in a month. 

2. Stay focus, Stay calm, and Stay excited!  As long as I keep a cool head and not freak out in the first mile the others should follow.

3.  No walking!  I didn't sign up to run a race so that I could half ass it and walk (and yes, shuffling your feet as if you looks as you are running is considered running).

4. Finish with my mom!  She signed up with me cause I was too scared to run alone so we will start and finish together (we even have matching mickey pants).

Feeling really excited to get this started and so grateful for the amount of friends, family and NSCSers that have helped to keep my training going.


A few of my fav cheerleaders at our last "mud run" together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surprise, Surprise! (IMNC Part 1)

This time last year, I was devastated. I literally felt like my world ended. I don't recall ever feeling such shame in my life. I went f...